/ Seismic protection system design for the Wharf in the Port of Coronel
- PROJECT NAME: Seismic protection system design for the Wharf in the Port of Coronel
- LOCATION: VIII Region, Chile
- FEATURES: 2 modules, 200 m long and 36.5 m wide, with 130 steel piles, each (82 vertical and 42 inclined in, the final design).
- YEAR BUILT: 2006-2007
- SEISMIC PROTECTION SYSTEM TYPE: Seismic Isolation
- SYSTEM DESCRIPTION: Seismic isolation system to provide a more economical and safer design than the conventional solution using a hybrid system of elastomeric seismic isolators (96 isolators) and vertical piles.